I hope you have read my first and second posts in the Fall Gardening series, but if not, go ahead and take a look! Here is just a helpful checklist and a few suggestions for getting your fall garden off to the best start possible
Have You Done These Things?
- Are you going to have a fall garden? Hint: your answer should be YES!!!
- Have you picked a spot that will be cleared for a fall crop?
- If you’re not going to build new boxes, have you harvested and added compost to your existing boxes?
- If you are going to build new boxes, have you built them yet?
- Do you have a seed catalog and have you picked out what you’re going to grow?
- If so, have you started your seeds?
If you need a recommendation for seeds, I would highly suggest Jung Seeds. If you don’t want to order online, you can call them at 1-800-247-5764.
If you’re having a hard time figuring out what types of interesting veggies to grow in the fall, here are a few of my favorites:
Broccoli – Coronado Crown Hybrid
Cabbage – Red Ruby Perfection Hybrid, Jung’s Cabbage Babies
Brussels Sprouts – Franklin Hybrid
Cauliflower – Amazing
Good luck and happy gardening,